National Night Out Against Crime
HAPPENING AUGUST 1ST, 2023
AT AVON HIGH SCHOOL
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
All vendors and attractions are open and running (Sensory 5p -6p)
K9 Demonstrations Begin
(Bomb Dog, Electronic Dog, Article Search, Narcotics Search, Apprehension)
Prize Drawings Begin
Check Prize Tent
Freedom Bell Ring
Moment of Silence - Recognize Fallen Officers
Final Prize Drawings
Check Prize Board
Clean Up Begins
In 2015, the Avon Police Department began participating in the National Night Out Against Crime community event. This event takes place on the first Tuesday in August of every year and is a completely free family event. In only our third year participating in the event, our staff facilitated the gathering for over 4,200 people in 2019! This event is organized in the effort to establish and enhance our community relations with the community that we serve.
Organized by our administrative staff, this annual event includes:
What Will Be Available
- FREE Bounce houses
- FREE Competitive cycling game (Nine13sports)
- FREE Drone demonstrations
- FREE Dunk Booth
- FREE Face Painting
- FREE cotton candy
- FREE door prizes from area businesses
- FREE funnel cakes
- FREE Corn Dogs
- FREE Radar Speed Pitch Game
- FREE gun locks
- FREE hot dogs and drinks
- FREE ice cream
- FREE popcorn
- FREE snow cones
- Indiana State Police vehicles and equipment
- Avon Fire Department equipment display
- K9 demonstrations
- Kids games and free prizes
- Over 75 area businesses/vendors
- Police equipment and vehicle displays
In partnership with local business include:
- Avon Public Safety Foundation
- Champion Chevrolet of Avon
- Citizens Bank of Avon
- Coca Cola
- Hendricks Regional Health
- Home City Ice
- Hendricks County Bank and Trust Company
- Pepsi Company
- Ralphs Muffler Shop of Avon
- And many more!
You can follow us on social media to learn more about this event every year.
Become a Volunteer
Interested in volunteering for National Night Out Against Crime this year? Each year, it takes hundreds of hours to put together this FREE event for the community. We always get asked "How can I help next year?" Just the button below to be taken to our online Volunteer Signup form, and we will reach out to you!
VOLUNTEER SIGN UPS FOR NATIONAL NIGHT OUT 2023 ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Become a Vendor or make a Donation
If you are interested in being a vendor please click the button below to complete the 2023 application. If you are making a donation to this community event, please contact our office at 317-272-4485 for more information. Please keep an eye on our social media for announcements and updates for our annual event.
VENDOR SIGN UPS FOR NATIONAL NIGHT OUT 2023 ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
- Where do get a band for the rides and attractions?
The registration tent/booth.
- Does it cost money to obtain a band for attractions?
- Do we have to register at the prize tent/booth to win a prize?
- Do you have to be present to win/collect your prize?
- Is all food free?
- Are all drinks free?